NEWFIELDS CATERING SERVICES
Environmental Policy Statement
1 January 2012
The Environmental Policy of Newfields Catering Services (“the Company”) is to ensure so far as it is reasonably practicable that its operations will be carried out with a commitment to protecting and enhancing the environment.
The Management of the Company recognises that our activities have an environmental impact and in developing this policy we are confirming our commitment to manage environmental issues in a sustainable way.
This policy has the full support of the proprietor David Dunderdale. In implementing this commitment to manage our environmental impact properly we will:
1. Comply with environmental regulations and will seek to take a proactive approach to future requirements.
2. Ensure that environmental considerations are integrated into our business decisions. By this we mean to seek to conserve natural resources through the responsible use of energy, water and materials but also maintaining the quality of service expected by our guests.
3. Actively pursue opportunities to minimise the environmental impact of our operations, concentrating particularly on our use of energy, water consumption, and the reduction and recycling of waste materials.
4. Ensure that we use risk assessments in order to identify potential environmental risks for our businesses.
5. Attempt to develop a wider understanding of environmental issues among our suppliers, employees, and where appropriate, our residents.
6. Regularly review our policies to ensure that they remain properly aligned to the need to reduce waste and encourage the most effective utilisation of scarce resources.
7. Attempt to work with suppliers who have compatible policies for managing their impact on the environment.
8. Ensure, through our active environmental team, that our efforts are continually reviewed, updated and communicated to all staff.
9. Newfields Catering Services use Lancaster City Council for refuse disposal who are committed to safe disposal of refuse and environmentally friendly recycling.
The responsibility for implementing this Environmental Policy Statement rests with the proprietor David Dunderdale
This Environmental Policy Statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary. The management team endorses these policy statements and is fully committed to their implementation.
This Environmental Policy Statement has been approved & authorised by:
|Name:||David Leslie Dunderdale
|Date:||1 January 2012|